Nurse Unit Manager
We have an opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Registered Nurse to join the hospital leadership team at Toronto Private Hospital as a Nurse Unit Manager (NUM).
- Manage a 35 voluntary in-patient unit.
- Full Time 76 hours morning shift.
- Monday to Friday.
- Rates per the Aurora Healthcare (NSW Hospitals) & NSWNMA ANMF NSW Branch EA 2022-2024
The role in detail
As the NUM you will provide clinical leadership and management across the hospital whilst working with inpatient consumers with varying degrees of acute psychiatric or mental illness.
On a day-to-day basis you will lead a team and be responsible for providing high level clinical expertise, resource management, patient flow, governance, and work health safety guidance. You will also be responsible for overseeing the rostering of nursing staff, managing leave requests, yearly performance appraisals of the nursing staff and supporting the CEO/DON in decision making that will result in the best of care delivery and improve the patient’s journey. As part of the management team actively participate in the National Safety and Quality Healthcare Standards (NSQHS) accreditation process.
- Current registration with AHPRA as a Registered Nurse minimum 8 years' post graduate experience mental health environment.
- Previous experience in Nursing Unit Manager role
- Post Graduate qualifications in Mental Health and/or Nursing Management
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of best practice in clinical patient care.
- Ability to organisationally problem solve, prioritise clinical & hospital needs.
- Demonstrate strong collaborative interpersonal skills and work well within teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Sound computer skills in Hospital Systems, MS office, Excel and Outlook
- Proven ability to maintain effective working relationships and conflict resolution
- Ability to plan, develop, implement and evaluate customer service and quality improvement programs.
Please note: as a prerequisite for this role, successful candidates will be required to provide up to date copies of
- National Police Record,& Working with Children Check,
- Immunisation Record & COVID immunisation
Think you’re a fit for the role? We’d love to hear from you.
Please forward all enquires and applications in writing a letter addressing criteria and current CV to Leanne Bashford , Acting CEO/DON, Toronto Private Hospital via email: [email protected] or call 0459988219
Closing date: 19 February 2023